Asian markets opened high on Thursday as Federal Reserves continued with its...
Hopeful about settling troubles in the way of a new memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Posco-India, Orissa administration stated that it was in talk with the South Korean steel giant for early execution of the planned Rs 52,000 crore project.
"We will resolve it soon," chief secretary B K Patnaik stated but denied to offer up any time period for a fresh memorandum of understanding after the one inked on June 22, 2005 had lapsed more than a year ago on June 21, 2010.
"The state government was in consultation with Posco-India. There was no dispute with Posco-India on having a new MoU but consultations take time", Mr. Patnaik added.
The state administration had failed to meet up two time limits placed for the memorandum of understanding.
Previously, State Steel and Mines minister Raghunath Mohanty declared that the MoU would be in position by June end and then stretched it till July 31.
While answering a query on possible adverse impact on the planned Posco project owing to the shuffling of certain key functionaries, Patnaik stated that the transfer of revenue divisional commissioner P K Mohapatra, who was looking out rehabilitation and re-settlement, would not have any impact.
In addition to Mohapatra, the administration had also reallocated Paradip additional district magistrate S K Choudhury who had assured acquirement of above 1800 acres in the said facility site villages.
On large-scale felling of trees for Posco project, he said "No illegal work is being done. Trees are cut after getting clearance from the Centre."